PRESCRIPTIVE VS. CUSTOM
Unless your product(s) is listed on the Prescriptive forms it should be considered a Custom Rebate request.
**Fluorescent lighting to LED lighting is considered a Custom Rebate**
WHAT NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED
All qualified rebate requests must include the following to be awarded a rebate check:
1. Rebate Application – completed and signed by SPU customer.
2. Claim Sheet – Prescriptive or Custom- quantities must be entered on the Prescriptive Claim Sheet or detailed project descriptions, including calculations for kWh savings, must be included with the Custom Claim Sheet.
- Custom Rebate Claim Sheet
- Heating & Cooling Claim Sheet
- Lighting – New Construction Claim Sheet
- Lighting – Retrofit Claim Sheet
- Retrocommissioning Study
- VFDs Claim Sheet
3. Cut/Spec Sheets must be included for qualified products being rebated
4. Proof of Purchase and Installation – receipts or invoices dated within the eligible program dates
HOW DO I KNOW MY PROJECT QUALIFIES FOR A REBATE
Prior to starting a project, it should be pre-approved by SPU and an Authorization number assigned. This will ensure your project is qualified for a rebate and there are rebate dollars available for your project.
To get pre-approved, you should submit everything EXCEPT the proof-of-purchase/installation documentation. That should be sent after you’ve been approved and the project is complete.
REBATE CHECK INFO
A rebate check will not be issued until the project is completed.
The project must be completed in the same calendar year as the products are purchased.
The rebate check must be issued to an SPU customer.
WHERE DO I SEND MY DOCUMENTS
Scan all documents identified above and email to email@example.com
SPU is not responsible for lost or delayed Information sent to other email addresses.
See the 2018 Commercial Rebate General Program Instructions for full program qualifications, terms and conditions, and release information.