Shakopee Public Utilities is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Shakopee Public Utilities is accepting applications for the position of Electric Groundsperson/Equipment Operator. Duties include assisting in construction and maintenance activities of the Utility’s electric system by performing groundwork tasks and operating various power operated equipment. Requires working knowledge of the principles and practices of overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission system construction and maintenance. Ability to obtain a class A Minnesota Commercial Drivers License with air brake endorsement within six months of employment, the ability to work outdoors with great physical exertion, the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, the ability to work around noisy equipment, on uneven terrain in fields and along roads with vehicular traffic. Experience in operating power operated equipment is beneficial. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Shakopee Public Utilities offers a competitive benefits package.
Water Meter Technician
Shakopee Public Utilities is accepting applications for the position of Water Meter Technician. Responsibilities include performing skilled bench and field work installation, repair, testing and replacement of water meters.
Essential job functions include:
- Repairing, maintaining, testing, and renovating water meters that are installed in residential and commercial properties.
- Removing and installing water meters for residential and commercial services.
- Repairing the plumbing between valves near water meters
- Turning on and off and flushing new and existing water meter services.
- Explaining water meter functions, installations, plumbing codes and water billing inquiries to the general public.
- Completing necessary paper work and/or electronic forms related to work assignments and shop inventory. Assisting with storing and monitoring the use of meter supplies and equipment.
- Uses locators and necessary tools and equipment to locate, expose and operate valves and stops; and checks leaks at the property site.
- Follows all safety regulations related to shop and field work activities.
- Ensures a safe working environment by understanding the standards, procedures, with proper and safe use of tools and equipment used in the installation and maintenance of water meter reading systems, and meter testing methods. Demonstrates an ability to apply this understanding to the work.
- Maintain technical knowledge by being trained in the varied water meter technology operations and maintenance functions.
This position requires a High School Education or equivalent, plus a minimum of one year of basic or mechanical and/or plumbing experience. Must have a valid Minnesota Class D driver’s license. Shakopee Public Utilities offers a competitive benefits package. Submit resume and application by 8/31/17 .
Interested persons must submit an application and resume to HR@shakopeeutilities.com or by mail to Shakopee Public Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 470, Shakopee MN 55379. Applications available below. A detailed job description is available upon request.